Drink in the New Year!
It is almost 2017! Can y'all believe it? I sure can't! Ringing in a new year usually calls for some type of get together weather it be a night out on the town or a house party with friends. If you are hosting or thinking about hosting a party and feel a little intimidated, I have a few tips to help your party go off without a hitch! Also, a yummy drink to impress your guests!
I love hosting, it can be difficult but once it is all said and done it is so gratifying to be able to entertain your closest friends and family. I am definitly not a party planning expert by any means! I have just figured out a few things that seem to help everyone feel comfortable and happy when hosting a get together.
I am also sharing a very simple & tasty drink that is perfect for any gathering. It is light, refreshing, and oh-so-pretty! Happy New Year, Everyone!
5 tips to being a killer host
1. Keep It Cool
- Take this tip literally, make sure your house or whatever space you are hosting in is at a comfortable temperature! Take into account how many people you are having over, the more bodies the hotter it will get. Also, I always try to make sure I have all my cooking finished before guests arrive. Another words, if the oven is on it is going to make your kitchen feel a little too toasty!
2. Turn Up The Tunes
- Music is a must! Have you ever been one of the first people to arrive to a party and it is uncomfortably quite? Music will help smooth out that awkwardness. I like to find playlist depending on what type of party I am hosting. A good playlist will keep the party alive all night!
3. Let Friends Help
-From my experience, guest want to help! If you are finishing up a few last minute details, distribute some responsibility to your friends. If you are working your tooshie off and guests are sitting around watching you, they are probably going to offer to help. Let them! It will give guests something to do and they can feel as though they contributed a little if they didn't bring food or drinks.
4. Cups. Lots & Lots of Cups
- Drinkware! This one might seem obvious but you would be surprised how quickly guests go through cups. My advice, buy those cheap plastic cups and have more than you think you will need sitting out. When I host, I have pretty mason jars or wine glasses I like to use but at some point you are going to run out. Guests probably don't want to go digging through your cabinet to find another cup to use, so make it easy on them. Also, they aren't having to ask you where to find more cups.. win win!
Lastly, the most important tip..
5. Don't Sweat It
- I can't emphasize this one enough. The party's vibe will be directly affected by the hosts vibe. If you are stressed, or frustrated your guests are going to feel it. They will feel like they are doing something wrong by being there! If your casserole burns, or the decorations don't look perfect..don't sweat it! No one is going to remember the hiccups, they will only remember that they had an awesome time and that you hosted a killer party! I always try to make sure I am relaxed and also enjoying the party with everyone. The host gets to have fun, too!
I hope these tips help you as much as they have helped me! Now let's get to drink making..
- Cranberry Juice (sweetened or unsweetened)
- Sparkling Lime Water
- Frozen Cranberries
- Fresh Lime
- Mixing ratio: 1/4 Cranberry juice, 1/4 Sparkling Lime Water, 1/2 Champagne
- Mix together or pour individually
- Garnish with frozen cranberries, and sliced lime
- Serve cold & enjoy!
The Furrowed Home